Friday 27 February 2015

Is geriatric medicine a good choice post D.N.B. family medicine?

Dear friends,
    In recent time few D.N.B. family medicine aspirants and few D.N.B. family medicine residents asked me  how about geriatric medicine course post family medicine? To be honest I myself did a course after my family medicine degree last year and I am expecting a degree by university soon if I mange to pass exam  gave last month.I did my course as distance education via NIMS university Rajasthan. It was 1 year course all self learning.I opt to do it within  6 months time and I must share it was not so tough as I have worked lot with geriatric problems in my residency days.I use CMDT geriatrics and textbook of geriatrics by Dr.Gupta who is associated with geriatric society India.Other than this course IGNOU also has a course on geriatrics which D.N.B. is recognizing as entry point to D.N.B. family medicine secondary.About course I am not so sure but you can get information about it from IGNOU study center near you.Geriatric courses as distance education is a good move as in your practice you face lots of geriatric patients and there problems.These kind of courses also help you to get attachment to old age homes which are on rise in cities and metro.Chennai has few geriatric coursed of various duration but they are full time courses.One boy ask me can we do simultaneously with D.N.B.Well you can but will be a gamble and hectic thing as residency as D.N.B. is hectic job.so if you are sure you can balance both and you institute is not having problem you can.So all the best friends who want expand there horizon as gerontologist with primary care physician approach. all the best.Almighty bless us all.:-).

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post which is truly informative for us and we will surely keep visiting this website.
    best diagnostic centre in banjarahills
    diagnostic centres list in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive article! The blog is highly informative and has answered all my questions.
    To introduce about our company and the activities, B2B contactlist
    is a database provider that helps you to boost your sales & grow your business through well-build Geriatricians mailing lists.

    ReplyDelete